National and International Trails Awards
24th International Trails Symposium and Training Institute
American Trails presents the National and International Trails Awards Program to recognize the tremendous contributions of volunteers, professionals, and other leaders who are working for the betterment of trails both nationally and internationally in both rural and urban settings.
Reese Lukei, Jr. was presented the Hulet Hornbeck Lifetime Service Award at the 2017 awards ceremony in Dayton, Ohio
Call for award nominations will be available by August 1, 2018.
Information You Need To Know Before Submitting a Nomination:
- Categories open to both national and international nominations (read the individual category descriptions for complete details as some exceptions apply)
- All awards must be submitted online by December 3, 2018.
- One nomination per category, per online submission.
- Except for the Hulet Hornbeck Lifetime Service Award, all efforts eligible for recognition must have occurred between August 1, 2016 to August 31, 2018. The description must show that the nomination falls within this time period.
- Some awards are intended to recognize an individual, while others may recognize a project, team, or company. Please read the descriptions carefully and nominate accordingly.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- The American Trails Board shall have sole responsibility for determination of award recipients.
- The Lifetime Service Award winner will be recognized at the Opening Keynote Luncheon on Monday, April 29, 2019. State Award winners will be recognized at the Closing Luncheon on Wednesday, May 1, 2019. All other awards will be recognized at the Main Awards Ceremony on Monday morning, April 29, 2019.
- Hulet Hornbeck Lifetime Service
- Trails and the Arts
- Trail Accessibility
- Trail Partnership
- International Partnership
- Trail Planning/Design (Two Levels)
- Trail Promotion and Education
- Trails for Health
- State Awards: Outstanding Trail Leaders