Spatial Approaches to Monitoring and Managing Visitor Use
Webinar #3 will focus on the social, ecological, and managerial components of utilizing various spatial approaches for monitoring and managing visitor use in parks and protected areas.
Society of Outdoor Recreation Professionals
** This event has passed **
October 24, 2018
Register to download the webinar here:
Webinar #3 will focus on the social, ecological, and managerial components of utilizing various spatial approaches for monitoring and managing visitor use in parks and protected areas. Both the opportunities and challenges of using spatial approaches will be discussed, as will considerations of spatial and temporal scale when collecting such data. SORP has assembled two presenters who frequently utilize spatial approaches to collecting data for monitoring and managing visitor use in parks and protected areas to discuss the following:
- Various methods of spatial data collection
- How spatial approaches can be utilized to collect data relative to social, ecological and managerial concerns
- Considerations of spatial and temporal scale
- Opportunities and challenges of utilizing spatial approaches to monitoring and managing visitor use
- Identify various spatial approaches for monitoring and managing visitor use
- Compare spatial approaches to “traditional” approaches for collecting visitor use data
- Apply appropriate spatial approaches to various visitor use management questions/concerns
- Consider the importance of scale, both spatially and temporally, when collecting and analyzing spatial data
- Understand the challenges and opportunities associated with spatial approaches to monitoring and managing visitor use
While we may individually agree (or disagree) in whole or in part with any or all of the participants, the views expressed in these webinars are not necessarily representative of the views of American Trails as an organization or its board and staff.
By registering for this webinar, you submit your information to the webinar organizer and associated presenters and sponsors, who may use it to communicate with you regarding this event and their other services. You can easily cancel your registration at any time.
More Trainings by Society of Outdoor Recreation Professionals
September 12 -
2022 National Outdoor Recreation Conference (NORC)
November 08 -
2021 Virtual National Outdoor Recreation Conference (NORC)
July 28, 2021:
Civilian Climate Corps
July 21, 2021:
Path to 30 x 30: Aligning Conservation, Equity, and Recreation
July 14, 2021:
Climate & Outdoor Recreation / Climate Adaptation Strategies
July 07, 2021:
Climate & Outdoor Recreation / Assessing Climate Vulnerability and Resilience
May 26, 2021:
Outdoor Recreation Policy / Infrastructure
May 19, 2021:
Outdoor Recreation Policy / Land Water Conservation Fund
May 12, 2021:
Outdoor Recreation Policy / Equity: Outdoor F.U.T.U.R.E Initiative; Parks, Jobs, and Equity Act; ORLP & more!
May 05, 2021:
Outdoor Recreation Policy / Access: SOAR Act & MAPLand Act, and more!
April 07, 2021:
Responsible Recreation - Social Science and Best Practices for On-The-Ground Implementation
March 31, 2021:
Visitor Use - Data Review from the Pandemic? What to Anticipate for 2021?
March 24, 2021:
Stewardship Corps Case Studies - Pandemic Response and Future Role
March 17, 2021:
Visitor Retention: New and Repeat Visitors: Using Data to Inform Decisions for 2021
March 10, 2021:
Rural Economic Development - Tools for Recovery