Posted: March 25, 2020
Location: Staatsburg, New York
Time Commitment: Full-time, Temporary
The Trails Coordinator is a full time, long-term seasonal position that will assist the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (OPRHP) in the management of some of the most diverse and popular trails across our State Parks system. This position is located in the Taconic State Park Region, covering Columbia, Dutchess, Putnam, and Westchester Counties. The position will have a wide range of responsibilities focused on improving and enhancing regional trail resources. The Trails Coordinator will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Biologist.
Primary responsibilities require coordination and collaboration with Park staff, Regional staff (Capital and Biologists), as well as Albany staff (Trails Planner) and include, but are not limited to:
• Prioritization and implementation of trail projects identified in Park Master Plans and Trails Plans.
• Development and implementation of trail projects, including but not limited to rehabilitation, re-routes, closure & restoration, improvements to signage and wayfinding.
• Oversight and management of contractor-led trail projects including the regional Backcountry Trail Crew.
• Development of trail project funding proposals.
• Inventory, assessment, and analysis of regional trail network conditions, needs, uses, and more.
• Assisting agency staff in the environmental review process for trails-related projects.
• Working closely with the Statewide Trails Planner on agency priorities.
• Reviewing project proposals on OPRHP property from partner groups and volunteers.
• Coordinating with partner organizations, friends groups, and volunteers on a variety of initiatives.
A Bachelor’s Degree in urban or regional planning, forestry, outdoor recreation, wildlife, fisheries, biology, environmental science, Geography/GIS, landscape architecture, or an equivalent discipline is preferred.
From $21.76 to $21.76 Hourly
To Apply: Please email a letter of interest, resume or CV, and names and contact information for three professional references to Jesse Jaycox, [email protected], 845-889-3868 by 4/10/20. Please insert the words “Trails Coordinator” in the subject line.