Trail Builder-Machine Operator
Posted: August 26, 2019
Time Commitment: Permenant. Full-time.
The Trail Builder-Machine Operator creates, shapes and finalizes the trail using equipment such as a mini excavator, trail dozer and skid steer, along with power and hand tools. This person needs to enjoy working outside in nature and be prepared to work in fluctuating weather conditions. This person must be physically capable to hike into the jobsite, carry/use equipment, and be able to sit in a machine or stand using hand tools, doing repetitive tasks for extended periods of time.
- Be able to travel and live away from home for extended periods of time.
- Physically fit, strong, agile and dexterous.
- Enjoy working outdoors in forests or fields and be prepared for weather changes.
- Mindful and comfortable in nature, including plants, animals and terrain with possible exposure to ticks, noxious weeds and steep side slopes.
- Possess good stamina to be able to hike into the worksite, pick up, carry and use equipment/tools/rocks and work an average of 8-10 hours/day.
- Physically capable to stand and perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time.
- Able to sit and perform repetitive tasks operating a machine.
- Safely operate and maintain different machinery such as a trail dozer, mini excavator, skid steer, utility vehicle, trail motorcycle, mini hauler, tamper and power tools such as chainsaws, drills and backpack blower.
- Safely operate and maintain hand tools such as a hoe, rake, shovel, loppers, handsaw, axe and hammer.
- Perform periodic checks on equipment and solve problems as detected.
- Observe and follow company policies, safety rules and regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License, acceptable motor vehicle record and own transportation to the jobsite locations.
- Must be technically inclined and be able to properly utilize tools and machinery.
- Be able to follow instructions, work with others and communicate well.
- Must be able to analyze situations and find solutions.
- Good stamina and physical health required.
Salary and Benefits
Hourly, based on experience with a minimum base pay of $14/hour. Higher pay for CDL and DOT/FMCSA driving responsibilities. Mileage, housing and per diem compensation for out of town worksite travel. Health insurance available for full-time employees.
Application Process: more info at www.dirtartisans.com Resume to email@example.com