Temporary Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Posted: April 23, 2021
Location: Denver, CO
Time Commitment: Temporary part-time
The Administrative Assistant will provide temporary, part-time administrative, operations, program, and development support at Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado (VOC), working closely with the Operations and Resource Development Manager to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This position’s primary responsibilities include administrative support through general office duties; facility and vendor management support; resource development support; and program-related support for all staff, as needed. The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Operations and Resource Development Manager.
The position requires an organized, detail-oriented individual with proven multi-tasking and communication capabilities.
Administrative and Operations Support
- Provide support with administrative and facility-related vendors and contractors for VOC’s Office and Operations Center.
- Provide logistical support with planning and execution of VOC events such as annual Board Retreat, staff functions, and other organizational events.
- Assist with monitoring and addressing building security for VOC’s Office and Operations Center.
- Provide administrative support to VOC’s executive staff.
- Perform general office management duties including, but not limited to printing, copying, note-taking, data entry, and business errands.
Facility Related Revenue, Art Exhibits:
- Recruit local Colorado artists to host 2-month long exhibits with 25% of proceeds donated to VOC.
- Maintain ongoing annotated database with prospective artists.
- Coordinate exhibit logistics between Artist, Operations, and Resource Development Manager, and Senior Marketing and Communications Manager.
Donor Management Support
- Manage timely and accurate input of all donations into VOC’s database and assist with other tracking and reporting work as needed.
- Process acknowledgment letters and work with appropriate staff on a weekly basis to thank VOC donors in a timely manner.
- Work directly with Development Staff to guarantee template updates as necessary to stay current with VOC’s work.
- Support in the production of large mailings to donors, volunteers, and/or partners.
In-Kind Donations (Product)
- Secure, as assigned, in-kind donations to support projects and fundraising efforts, including volunteer giveaways, membership incentives, and fundraising event items.
- Organize in-kind packages for Project Staff to use as giveaways or membership incentives on VOC’s outdoor stewardship projects.
- Boots on the Ground:
- Assist Project Staff with administrative duties as needed.
- Stepping Up Stewardship
- Assist with Outdoor Stewardship Institute (OSI) material assembly and shipments.
Education and Previous Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Demonstrated experience and skills in:
- Effective communications, both written and oral
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Proven time and schedule management
- Computer skills including demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft programs
- Customer service, including a welcoming, helpful attitude
- Willingness and commitment to supporting VOC’s mission of environmental stewardship and public engagement
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle difficult or sensitive situations and relationships
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to self-initiate and self-direct workflow
- Valid Driver’s License
- Qualifying pre-employment background check
- Preferred experience and skills in:
- Office administration, including facilities and staff support
- Database management
- Vendor management, relationships, and deliverables
- Event planning - small staff events
- Job duties include a general office environment, spent sitting and operating a computer, and other office machinery.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
Salary and Benefits
VOC offers a flexible, employee-directed schedule and work location. This is a non-exempt position. Due to the nature of this position, it is not eligible to receive benefits.
This is a part-time, 10-15 hours per week, term-limited position, ending on December 24, 2021.
Hourly compensation is $15 per hour.
Please answer the following questions in an introductory email, with resume attached as a PDF, to [email protected] Include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
- Why are you interested in this position?
- When can you start?
- What do you hope to get out of this position?
No Phone Calls.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.