Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers
Posted: November 25, 2019
Location: United States
Time Commitment: One-year contract
Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers must be passionate educators, skilled communicators and content creators, and ready to live, work and thrive on the road. Only prepaired teams of two will be considered. Teams must be available and make a commitment for the entire contract period (mid-April 2020 through mid-April 2021).
Traveling Trainer teams live on the road, camp 100-200 nights a year, and deliver Leave No Trace programs to children and adults of all experience levels and ages. They work closely with land managers and park staff on programs such as Leave No Trace Hot Spots. Teams also produce videos, blogs, weekly social media content, and detailed program reporting.
Teams will work and travel in regions of the country as needed by the Center, in areas ranging from wilderness to city settings, indoors and outdoors, in all seasons and conditions. Teams are outfitted with a Subaru vehicle, basic equipment and supplies necessary for teaching and camping, and technology for communication needs.
- Prepare and present Leave No Trace trainings and programs for groups of all ages and backgrounds such as park staff, college students, schoolchildren, guides and outfitters, recreation user groups and more.
- Generate social media content including photos, blogs and videos for the Center’s website, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter on a weekly and/or monthly basis.
- Lead workshops, guide discussions, participate in service projects and collaborate with land managers and other stakeholders at Leave No Trace Hot Spots. Produce written reports including assessments of recreational impacts and recommendations for Leave No Trace solutions and implementation strategies.
- Exhibit in boothing/expo areas at trade shows, conferences, outdoor festivals, and other forwardfacing events to promote our mission, membership and partnership programs.
- Communicate regularly with staff at the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics and on-site event hosts regarding program logistics, details and reporting.
- Be high energy, open, positive, and ready to engage with whatever the day requires, representing the Center and program sponsors in a professional manner at all times.
- Experience teaching, training or delivering educational programs and activities, with the ability and desire to work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Interpersonal skills to facilitate work with a wide range of people and groups with varied backgrounds, including experience working across differences.
- Must enjoy working with and educating both adults and children of all ages and all outdoor experience levels.
- Charismatic and entertaining public speaking and writing.
- High level of motivation, energy, creativity, adaptability and professionalism.
- A positive, flexible disposition as well as the ability to deal with an evolving, unpredictable, and demanding travel itinerary.
- Research and analytical skills, such as writing or contributing to reports.
- Savvy creating social media content, video creation, and photography, including experience with varied social media platforms, Mac OS, Adobe photo and video editing software.
- Established collaborative relationship and excellent dynamic between co-applicants.
- Passion for conservation, outdoor recreation and stewardship.
- Familiarity with Leave No Trace and dedication to the mission of the Center.
- Current certifications in, or ability to obtain, CPR and Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder (CPR & WFA can be obtained upon hire, with reimbursement).
- Ability to maintain a stationary position (standing and sitting) and move/transport loads of 25 pounds or more for extended periods of time. Ability to travel safely in backcountry areas, occasionally traversing difficult terrain and carrying a pack.
Salary and Benefits
Monthly salary, two weeks paid vacation, company health Insurance or stipend, travel and living expense stipend, a vehicle to use during the term of the contract, and basic gear and equipment
for life on the road.
For more information, visit www.LNT.org. To view Traveling Trainer content including blogs and videos, visit: Leave No Trace’s Blog page, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
Email a COMPLETE application packet to [email protected] with the subject “Traveling Trainer Search – 2020” by January 5, 2020.
-No calls please.
-Pre-paired teams of two only. We will not place individuals into a team.
-Must pass background check and driving record check.
-Applicants must be able to legally work in the United States.