Pro Crew Member Positions
Posted: March 23, 2021
Time Commitment: Varied June through October
Vermont Youth Conservation Corps (VYCC) is seeking Pro Crew Members who are focused on completing projects that benefit Vermont’s environment and communities. A successful Pro Crew Member is able to work in challenging conditions, complete high quality work, and be a supportive member of the crew community. If you are excited to keep growing your technical skills, work alongside other conservation professionals, and have a positive impact on opportunities for recreation and preservation in Vermont, this position is for you.
- Contribute to positive crew morale, foster teamwork, respect fellow Crew Members
- Maintain an emotionally and physically safe work and living environment (when camping together)
- Follow VYCC policies and procedures, and maintain project and program goals, and foster the VYCC mission
- Help to collect, process, and organize data collected in the field
- Participate in high production, quality, and safety standards for crew
- Perform physical work safely in all weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Be a part of a supportive and encouraging environment on the job site
- Participate in community feedback meetings that help the team set goals, assess group growth, and celebrate progress
- Maintain regular communication with Crew Leader; engage with feedback to help set personal and professional goals, assess growth, and celebrate progress
- Be at least 18 years of age (there is no upper age limit)
- Openness to meeting new people, working hard outside, providing and receiving feedback, and learning and growing.
- Ability to adapt to change and move outside of comfort zones
- Willingness to work hard, in all types of weather and environments
- CPR Certification & Wilderness First Aid (if needed, COVID permitting, VYCC provides a WFA Course pre-season)
- Willingness to undergo a criminal background check
- Ability to travel to project sites throughout the state
- Exceptional time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Meets technical skill qualifications in one or more of VYCC’s three Pro Crew types:
Trails: (June through October or August through October)
Previous experience in:
- Trail or conservation work
- Using power tools and hand tools
- Utilizing sustainable trail practices
Forestry: (August through October)
- Level B Sawyer/Game of Logging #2 or ability to complete training prior to start date
- Prior experience with forestry and timber stand improvement
Build: (June through October)
- Some prior carpentry, building, or trades experience
- Knowledge and experience with hand and power tools
- Interest in pursuing career in building trades work, design, architecture, weatherization, etc.
Salary and Benefits
$500 + Food Stipend. CPR Certification & Wilderness First Aid Training (if needed, COVID permitting). Educational learning opportunities with professionals in the field of conservation and workplace skills. College and career pathways support with VYCC’s Recruitment and Alumni Manager. Access to our robust Alumni network for future adventures and career assistance.
Please apply online at https://www.vycc.org/apply/procrew/. For any questions, please contact Conservation Program Coordinator Halle Harklau at [email protected].
More jobs with Vermont Youth Conservation Corps