Posted: August 26, 2019
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Time Commitment: Full-time
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources protects our air, land, water, and mineral resources; preserves our unique natural and historic places; and provides recreational and learning opportunities, while promoting the environmentally sound operations of businesses, communities, agriculture, and industry for the benefit of all Missourians.
- Assist in updating the open project selection process, grant application manuals, forms, and instructions for the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF), Recreational Trails Program (RTP), and Missouri State Parks Bus Grants (Bus).
- Assist in the review and scoring of LWCF and RTP grant applications.
- Manage grant projects, including the preparation of grant agreements, review of procurement documents, real property acquisition documents, environmental compliance documents, and reimbursement requests. Ensure all grant projects comply with 2 CFR 200 and all program specific rules and regulations.
- Review grantee reports and budgets. Give status updates. Complete inspections of LWCF & RTP grant funded facilities as required.
- Provide trainings and presentations to promote the LWCF, RTP and Bus programs and to answer questions for potential applicants.
- Respond to inquiries and provide technical assistance to LWCF, RTP, and Bus recipients, potential grant applicants, and the public.
- Assist at the Missouri Trails Advisory Board and LWCF Advisory Committee meetings.
- Assist with Missouri State Parks’ other grant programs as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
(The following minimum qualifications will determine merit system eligibility. Allowable experience and education substitutions are provided in italics below the corresponding minimum qualification statement; no other substitutions will be permitted. These minimum qualifications may also be used to evaluate applicants for Missouri Uniform Classification and Pay System positions not requiring selection from merit registers.)
- One or more years of experience as a Planner I with the Missouri Uniform Classification and Pay System.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; and,
- Two or more years of professional experience in research and analysis, program or policy development, management analysis, grant management, budget/fiscal analysis, and/or a closely related area.
(Additional qualifying experience may substitute on a year-for-year basis for deficiencies in the required education.)
(24 earned graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in Planning, Social Sciences, Public or Business Administration, Environmental Sciences, Public Health, Recreation, Engineering, Architecture, or a closely related area may substitute for one year of the required experience.)
Salary and Benefits
$1,745.17 - $1,912.17
Contact Information: Rebecca Rost (573) 751-0848 or Rebecca.Rost@dnr.mo.gov