Posted: November 16, 2018
Location: Missoula, Montana
The Membership Director plans, coordinates, and oversees all membership acquisition and retention activities for Adventure Cycling Association. Duties include overseeing all aspects of new member acquisition, membership cultivation, membership renewal, developing and tracking member mailings, servicing member benefits, customer service and budget forecasting.
Develop and maintain membership retention (renewal) programs
- create and execute renewal mailing schedule
- write and review electronic and print member communications
- run a variety of membership win-back programs throughout the year
- develop and implement cultivation plan to retain members at a higher rate
Create and implement yearly marketing plan with metrics to grow membership
- work with the Marketing and Communications staff to create and maintain programs to increase the number of inquiry leads and new members each year
- implement programs for new member acquisition including; free membership offers, direct mail program to outside groups, in-house inquiry mailings and direct-join new members
- track returns of mailings, both print and electronic, and analyze results to adjust future promotions
- develop and write promotional materials on the benefits of membership
Create and manage the Membership Department budget. The Director develops, tracks and manages the department's $1.6 million revenue budget. S/he reviews monthly financial statements, manages expenses, forecasts and reports on progress throughout the year.
Other duties include:
- Oversee publication circulation for both print and digital magazine.
- Work closely with database manager to ensure appropriate and accurate member data are collected, stored and reported.
- Develop and maintain a complete understanding of the membership database and information collected. Be able to create and pull accurate reports independently.
- Work in conjunction with the Development Department to coordinate donation and membership requests.
- Oversee staff, including Membership Manager, Cultivation Coordinator, and manager of the bicycle club, bike Shop and corporate membership programs.
- Maintain a high quality of benefits for the members of the organization.
Serve as part of overall management team. The Director plays a leading role in Adventure Cycling's management team, which works with the Executive Director to achieve Adventure Cycling's mission.
- Well-organized, detailed, and deadline-oriented
- Previous marketing and membership relationship experience required
- Background in fundraising and the nonprofit sector preferred
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Experience working with large member or customer database
- Strong budgetary skills and business acumen
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Access, Google tools, survey programs and other analytic tools.
- Skill and ability to analyze data and track program success
- Strong management skills and ability to work as a team player
- Understanding of the nonprofit sector and mission-driven organizations
- Enthusiasm for, and experience with, cycling and bicycle travel
Education and Experience
Completion of a four year degree program from a college or university. Top candidates will have at least six to ten years of professional experience in membership management, development or related fields. Management and supervisory experience are important assets. Special note will be made of candidates' experience working with mission-driven non-profit organizations. Of course, attention will be paid to candidates' bicycling experience and ability to bring humor and good spirits to the job and workplace.
Salary and Benefits
The position will be competitively compensated in the Northern Rockies region. Excellent benefits include paid time off for holidays, PTO, an additional fully-paid one-week bike vacation, full medical and dental coverage, life insurance, and retirement plan. We have a wonderful office in downtown Missoula, with a friendly and committed staff. Adventure Cycling Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Application deadline: Please submit a resume and cover letter through Submittable. The position is open until filled. We will begin reviewing resumes and requesting interviews December 17, 2018.
Member Services Managerbpetersen@adventurecycling.org
t. 800 755 2453 f. 406 721 8754
150 E Pine St, Missoula MT 59802
More jobs with Adventure Cycling Association