Posted: May 02, 2019
Time Commitment: 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday - Friday with occasional holidays and weekends.
- Obtains information on existing site conditions and source of water.
- Maintains irrigation system, considering water supply, static water pressure, working water pressure, precipitation rate, soil, planting, and existing or planned improvements.
- Maintains water mains, cast iron and PVC pipes and hydraulic systems.
- Repairs or replaces inner parts of irrigation heads.
- Performs construction monitoring of irrigation systems as directed.
- Inspects non-potable water piping for irrigation and potable water piping for new and old buildings (drinking fountains, restrooms, etc.) as necessary.
- Adjusts gallons per minute on bubblers in tree planters.
- Assists and advises plumbers and contractors regarding irrigation installation regulations.
- Investigates and recommends corrective action for defective irrigation systems.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (recognized by the Texas Education Agency or a regional accrediting agency).
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in irrigation design, construction, and inspection, including one (1) year of supervisory or lead responsibility.
- Valid Class 'C' Texas Driver's License.
More jobs with City of San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department