Grants and Agreements Officer
Posted: February 19, 2021
Location: Northwest Youth Corps Headquarters, Eugene, Oregon (or applicable location). May require limited travel to training and project locations which may include travelling within OR, WA, and ID.
Time Commitment: Full-time
This position is supervised by the Senior Director of Administrations; working closely with NYC’s Senior Director of Administration and program leadership, the Grants and Agreements Officer (G & A Officer) will implement processes to ensure compliance and consistency within NYC’s Programs Department in the oversight of agreements, financial plans, grant administration, grant reporting, project reporting and invoicing. In some cases, this will mean auditing past agreements and financial plans. Moving forward, the G & A Officer may either create financial plans for review or review financial plans created by Program leadership prior to submission. The G & A Officer will also assist with the creation of grant and project reports and/or work with Program leadership to ensure that there is a process to ensure these reports are done in a timely and compliant manner. In addition, with assistance from Program leadership, the G & A Officer will develop and oversee invoicing and may also help with budget tracking and be cross-trained to assist with other administrative duties to help the team during busy periods.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Support
- Promote continued organization support of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
- Seek to remove barriers to participation in NYC programs for underrepresented populations.
Agreements and Financial Plans
- Create and/or audit financial plans as requested and/or double-check financial plans and agreements for Program leadership, prior to submission.
- Review agreements language for consistency, compliance, and operational feasibility prior to submission.
- Assist Senior Director of Administration with NYC’s cost worksheet tools and resources for streamlining the creation of financial plans.
- Ensure that database management related to agreements is consistent and that relevant required files are uploaded and stored correctly. File related documents as requested.
Project Reporting and Grants Administration
- Coordinate the completion of project reports and ensure reporting compliance for agreements and grants.
- Work with the Senior Director of Administrations and/or Program leadership to create report templates that satisfy compliance for basic project reporting.
- Working with NYC’s Development staff, Program Leadership, and Agency staff to coordinate and/or complete any needed reports for Grants and agreements. Ensure follow-up in a timely manner.
- Track and monitor agreement balances and expiration dates in order to send reminders and status reports to Program Leadership and Administrative staff
- Track and monitor agreements within federal grant platforms to ensure continuity between internal (NYC) tracking systems and federal grant tracking.
Invoicing and budget tracking
- Assist Program leadership with invoicing as needed to ensure responsively and timely invoicing and reporting is completed.
- Identify and track Agreement and Grant elements such as targeted expenditures for gear and tuition to ensure that the elements are being tracked and invoiced
- Communicate with program leadership, development staff, and finance staff on issues/concerns with budgets or invoice tracking
Cross Training Opportunities
- Assist program leadership with staff and/or member onboarding needs
- Entry and oversight of Accounts Receivables invoicing within a Quick book's structure
- Work with Accounts Receivable staff to ensure that final invoicing is completed and tracking of delinquent accounts
- Work with Senior Director of Administrations and other Finance/Administrative staff to create and implement financial plans and budgets
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business/Nonprofit Management preferred
- Direct experience in a similar position may be substituted for a degree
- Experience with accounts payable and Quick books software desirable
- Reliable and self-motivated.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and People-management skills.
- Broad knowledge of databases and spreadsheets and their functions.
- Budget management experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Periodic overnight travel and non-traditional work hours, inclusive of weekend and evening
- In the performance of the job duties, the employee will primarily work in an office or home
office setting. Travel may include visits to remote settings.
- While performing the duties of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or vehicle; reach with hands and arms; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- The ability to drive an organizational vehicle is also required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Work environment: temperature, noise level, inside or outside, or other factors
may affect the person's working conditions while performing the job.
**This Position Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities
may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.**
Salary and Benefits
Wage starts $19.00 - $20.00 per hour DOE. Benefits Package includes Personal Leave, Paid Holidays, Medical and Dental Coverage, Disability/Life Insurance, 401k investment plan, Professional Development, and other perks!
Send a cover letter and resume to Jessica Johnson, Human Resources Officer at [email protected] with “Grants and Agreements Officer” in the subject line and document attachments in word or PDF format. Please do not call or drop in. Additional program information can be found at www.northwestyouthcorps.org
More jobs with Northwest Youth Corps