Fall Forestry 300-Hour Corpsmember
Posted: July 10, 2019
Location: Denver metro area
Time Commitment: This is a temporary position from August 20, 2019 – October 25, 2019. 40 hour weeks, Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
The Fall Forestry Program (FF) is an intensive, team-based, 9 week-long program. FF Corpsmembers serve on conservation and environmental stewardship projects throughout the Denver metro area while engaging in meaningful education activities. Most Corpsmembers in this position will be serving on a chainsaw crew, with a select few positions open to serve on hand crews.
Most Corpsmembers in this position will be serving on a chainsaw crew, with a select few positions open to serve on hand crews. Most positions will require overnights.
- Must be between the ages of 18-24 and able to legally serve in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program.
- High school or GED graduate or still enrolled.
- Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National or Lawful Permanent Resident. Documentation will be required on the first day. Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first day.
- Must be physically fit, able to lift 50 lbs., spend 8-10 hours a day in all weather conditions (e.g., sun, heat, wind, rain, snow, etc.) and hike 7 miles with a day-pack.
- Able to be on time and maintain consistent attendance throughout term of service. Must commit to complete the program.
- Pre-service National Service Criminal History Check required. May be subject to FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting. This position does not have recurring access to vulnerable populations.
- Pre-service drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during term.
- Member must not engage in any prohibited activities as listed in the AmeriCorps Member Service Agreement and appropriately represent Mile High Youth Corps both in behavior and dress code.
- Fully comply with agency policies and procedures.
- This position reports to Program Coordinator: Land Conservation.
Salary and Benefits
Biweekly Stipend: Earn a living stipend of $760.00 per pay period, every two weeks. AmeriCorps Education Award: Earn a scholarship of $1,252.91 upon successful completion of the term (300 hours of service). This award can be used to pay tuition or pay back qualifying student loans. Individuals have 7 years to use the award. Tool training and hands-on technical training related to all projects. Sawyer Corpsmembers will earn an S-212 chainsaw equivalency certification and First Aid/CPR. Education: Lessons focused on environmental stewardship, leadership, civic engagement and college/career prep that will prepare you for life after MHYC.
Visit our website at https://www.milehighyouthcorps.org/apply-now. Or visit us in person at our headquarters 1801 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-433-1206 ext. 221
More jobs with Mile High Youth Corps