Fall Conservation Trail Crew Member
Posted: July 17, 2019
Location: Based in Richmond, VT. Working all throughout Vermont and parts of New Hampshire.
Time Commitment: August 22, 2019 and work until October 29, 2019.
We are hiring for two trail crews this fall:
- Appalachian Trail Crew – This crew will work along the 100+ year old Appalachian Trail camping along the way. This crew will work on a variety of trail projects from rock work and stone staircases to trail clearing and maintenance.
- Fall Trail Crew – This crew will be working both in the Green (VT) and White (NH) Mountains, working from ridge lines to mountain bike trails. This crew will build new trails as well as improve current trail systems.
- Serve 8-10 hours per day completing physically demanding tasks and projects.
- Camp and live in a variety of outdoor settings with a diverse crew of 6-8 people.
- This crew may complete projects related to:
- Trail construction and maintenance including drainages, rock staircases, retaining walls, and step stones
- Watershed restoration
- Carpentry including bridges, kiosks, and staircases
- Invasive species removal
- Participate in the WoRD program (writing, reading, and discussion), VYCC’s educational component meant to generate group discussion and individual reflection
- Participate in orientation, pre-season training, and scheduled trainings throughout term of service.
- Adhere to the policies and practices put forth by VYCC and AmeriCorps.
- Over 18 years of age.
- A desire to do your part and change the world with us.
- Openness to learning, working hard outside, meeting new people, and receiving feedback.
- Willingness and commitment to following all immediate and general crew policies.
- Able to join a crew for the full season/term of service.
Salary and Benefits
• Weekly stipend of $250, paid bi-weekly
• AmeriCorps Segal Education Award of $1,566.14 (based on number of hours served)
• Transportation at beginning and end of Corps Members’ term of service and transportation during sessions.
• Recreation and Educational opportunities throughout session and during session breaks, including Wilderness First Aid Certifications.
• Access to our robust Alumni network for career, college, and general networking connections.
• Career and college pathway support and counseling.
• Awesome “office” views of the Green Mountains and valleys.
• Member of a dynamic organization with tremendous impact on Vermont’s youth and environment.
• Farm fresh food from our farm!
To Apply: http://www.vycc.org/join/corps-member-application
Recruitment and Member Services Manager
Vermont Youth Conservation Corps
802.434.3969 ext. 131 (w)
VYCC.org | @theVYCC |
Additional Information :
For more information about VYCC, please head to our website at www.vycc.org/join
More jobs with Vermont Youth Conservation Corps