Development and Marketing Coordinator
Posted: May 13, 2019
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Time Commitment: Full-time
The Development and Marketing Coordinator provides administrative and marketing support to the development and membership functions of the organization. This position works within all fundraising activities including social media, donor and membership database management, direct mail appeals, and donor research. The Development and Marketing Coordinator reports to the Senior Director of Development and Marketing and is based at the organization’s headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Support the development and management of American Hiking Society’s Individual membership and Alliance membership program. This includes the monthly membership renewal mailings, membership database operations, membership marketing & communication, membership acquisition, and extra gift appeal campaigns
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgment letters, membership premiums, and other correspondence
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files
- Continually enter, update, correct, and reconcile database records in Abila software. Run and analyze donor reports as needed
- Manage AHS’s social media and digital marketing. This includes developing marketing strategies, content creation, graphic design, and tracking growth and reach
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors
- Coordinate productions and mailing of spring and year-end appeal letters
- Track philanthropic requests, pledges and contributions respond to member queries
- Assist in the preparation of grant proposals, and prepare mailing materials like invitations, solicitations and newsletters
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- One + year experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Database management experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Tremendous attention to detail
- Proficiency in social media marketing for business or non-profit
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of customer service and previous non-profit experience
- Familiarity with social media platforms, WordPress, and basic photo editing programs
Salary and Benefits
Salary: Range of $34,000 to $40,000 and will commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com with ‘Development & Marketing Coordinator’ and your first and last name in the subject line.
Questions about the position can be directed to Senior Director for Development and Marketing Kim Lyons, firstname.lastname@example.org.