Bike Skills Park Equipment Operator
Posted: October 04, 2019
Location: Boise, ID
Time Commitment: Full Time
Job Seekers! The City of Boise is hiring for a Bike Skills Park Equipment Operator. This position will operate heavy, power-driven automotive, maintenance, and construction equipment to perform maintenance and repairs to the JA Kathryn Albertsons Family Foundation Bike Skills Park. Responsible for skate park jumps, trails, structural amenities, hard surfaces, and irrigation systems. Works under general instruction and indirect supervision.
- Operates heavy power-driven equipment in the maintenance, construction, and repair of the Bike Skills Park, parking lot, bridges, structures, pressurized irrigation systems, flood control ponds, stormwater, and drainage conveyance systems. Inspects equipment to ensure safe operation and performs minor adjustments and emergency repairs. Loads, moves, and hauls dirt, gravel, asphalt, and soil. Excavates and backfills trenches. Performs seasonal duties such as snow and leaf removal. (60%)
- Performs heavy, manual labor, construction, and maintenance. Develops and oversees an active inspection and routine maintenance program for bike skills park to meet identified service standards. Anticipates and makes recommendations regarding improvements or measures necessary to deliver a world-class service level; inspects irrigation backflow devices to ensure they are free from debris and clogs. Creates forms for concrete and performs various patching and repairs on hard surfaces. Applies herbicides and pesticides and ensures chemicals are properly stored and recorded. (20%)
- Ensures safe operations and programming of trail amenities for users and proactive efforts to support sustainable use and positive user behavior. Works directly with the Community Volunteer Coordinator to engage volunteers in ongoing maintenance and programming support for trail operations. Works with appropriate personnel in the design and project management team, including outside contractors, regarding major capital maintenance and ongoing development of bike skills park amenities and improvements. (10%)
- Cleans restroom and shelter facilities. Ensures trash receptacles are emptied and in working order and picks up any trash that is scattered throughout the park. Conducts maintenance and cleaning duties such as pressure washing, scrubbing floors and tables, and ensuring the facility is clean and free from scattered trash. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Total Percentage = 100%
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience operating heavy equipment such as loaders, track-hoes, dump trucks, or related heavy equipment, with two years of construction experience. Strong Mountain Biking skills and a good understanding of safety and operational procedures within bike park, trail maintenance/construction, and operations.
- Requirements associated with bike park amenity maintenance such as flow trails, technical trails, pump tracks, and constructed bike park amenities, maintenance and management of paved and unpaved bike skills trails;
- Working knowledge of the safe operation and basic maintenance of construction machinery and heavy equipment; excavation, grading, and earthmoving practices; auxiliary mechanical apparatus commonly carried on power-driven heavy equipment; traffic laws, and ordinances involved in heavy equipment operation; chemical application of herbicides and pesticides.
- Ability to operate a variety of heavy equipment to excavate, grade, and move earth and materials; read and interpret blueprints, construction drawings and maps; comprehend information in operation manuals for all pieces of equipment used; operate a computer with demonstrated proficiency using related database, word processing, and spreadsheet software applications at an appropriate level for efficient job performance; display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of City of Boise employees and the public; communicate effectively in the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance; complete assignments in a timely fashion; understand and comply with all rules, policies and regulations; maintain prompt and regular attendance; and perform all essential and marginal functions as assigned by an authorized employee, supervisor and/or manager with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Individuals must be capable of operating vehicles safely and have an acceptable driving record.
- Valid Idaho Commercial Class A driver's license. (CDL)
- Idaho Chemical Applicator's license.
- Five years of experience performing construction and maintenance in bike skills park setting.
- Working knowledge of Idaho Standards for Public Works Construction (ISPWC), OSHA, and Idaho Industrial Commission safety standards
Salary and Benefits
$17.38 - $20.27 Hourly