Appalachian Trail Community Ambassador
Posted: March 25, 2019
Location: Georgia - Maine
Time Commitment: This is a one year term VOLUNTEER position, with the option of renewal.
These positions work directly with the A.T. Community Advisory Committee and the appropriate A.T. maintaining club to identify committee and club needs, and create a position that will work with and support both their interests. Ambassadors may table events providing A.T. information, work on highlighting the A.T. in local media and through social media, reach out to engage merchants n events, reach out to non-traditional hiking audiences, and/or recruit local citizens to work on local maintenance, management and conservation projects on the Appalachian National Scenic Trail.
What is involved? The Appalachian Trail Community Ambassador Position will:
- Be committed to serving as a liaison in at least one designated A.T. Community™
- Attend and support at least one A.T. Community Advisory Committee meeting
- Provide community updates to ATC for enews
- Send in a brief report of happenings; one summer report and one end of year summary.
- Be available to check in remotely via Skype or phone call with other Ambassadors and ATC staff quarterly
- Send in pictures and posts for social media to share all the successes happening in the community!
The benefits of being an Appalachian Trail Community Ambassador include:
- Announcement of your role in community program enews, blog and highlights of your efforts in enews and in other media outlets
- Opportunity to learn about and play a key role in Appalachian Trail cooperative management partnerships
- Training in A.T. history, management, ATC programs, and hike leadership
- Support from ATC staff
- Sharing A.T. experiences with a network of other A.T. Ambassadors
- The satisfaction of knowing you are contributing to the protection, management and maintenance of the A.T. and growing the next generation of A.T. stewards!
Please send a letter of interest and resume of qualifications to: [email protected] with the subject “A.T. Ambassador”, or A.T. Community Ambassadors Program. Return Ambassadors need only send an email stating interest.
Letter of interest should include:
- The A.T. Community the potential Ambassador is interested in supporting
- Description of interest
- Contact information including address, email address, cell phone number, Skype address (if available)
More jobs with Appalachian Trail Conservancy