AmeriCorps and Community Engagement Coordinator
Posted: January 21, 2020
Location: Boise, Idaho
Time Commitment: Year round, Full-time position. Typical hours are Monday – Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
The AmeriCorps and Community Engagement Coordinator works directly with the AmeriCorps Program Manager and Community Engagement Manager; with specific concentration given to ICC program participant recruitment/hiring and AmeriCorps grant compliance and management. The AmeriCorps and Community Engagement Coordinator will work closely with the Community Engagement and AmeriCorps departments to identify community partners, schools, civic groups, and alumni to increase awareness of ICC throughout Idaho with guidance from the Community Engagement Manager and the annual recruitment campaign. During the hiring process of AmeriCorps members, the AmeriCorps and Community Engagement Specialist will work closely with the AmeriCorps Manager to insure that proper background checks, pre-enrollment, and enrollment processes are being conducted.
Position Details and Areas of Responsibility
- Recruit an extensive and diverse applicant pool for youth and young adult programming across Idaho.
- Collaborate with Community Engagement team to carry out goals and expectations, while maintaining clear channels of communication.
- Track and coordinate applicant interviews, send hire letters and assist with onboarding of young adult participants and leaders including criminal history verification for AmeriCorps applicants.
- Attend and create partnerships at career fairs, community engagements, school presentations, tabling and more as needed to increase interest and awareness of programming.
- Assist with the coordination of a complex advertisement campaign including radio marketing, direct to text, outreach resources and more.
- Develop a strong and engaged alumni base.
- Work with AmeriCorps Program Manager to ensure ICC AmeriCorps programs are in compliance with grant provisions.
- Coordinate and lead ICC AmeriCorps orientations and exit meetings.
- Maintain AmeriCorps personnel files and relevant tracking tools.
Department Supervision and Collaborations
- Supervised by ICC State Director.
- Work collaboratively with the Community Engagement Manager and AmeriCorps Program Manager.
- Work with Communications Officer to identify best advertising and outreach for targeting specific regions of Idaho.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driver’s record as some travel will be required.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred, preferably in communications, marketing, journalism, or a relevant field.
- Experience and demonstrated skill at staff coordination, public speaking, organizing community events, writing, reporting and editing are highly desirable.
- Previous experience which demonstrates organizational skills, the ability to perform at a consistently high level under pressure, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and familiarity with a wide range of communications tactics will all be skills necessary to succeed in this position.
- A strong set of computer skills and database experience required.
Salary and Benefits
$16.00/hr. Personal Leave, Paid Holidays, Medical and Dental Coverage, Disability/Life Insurance, 401k investment plan, Professional Development, and other perks!
Send a cover letter, resume and three references to Jessie Johnson, Human Resource Officer, Northwest Youth Corps, 2621 Augusta Street, Eugene, OR 97403 or you may e-mail [email protected] with“AmeriCorps Community Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line and document attachments in either word or pdf format. Please do not call or drop in.
Additional program information can be found at www.northwestyouthcorps.org and www.idahocc.org
More jobs with Northwest Youth Corps