2021 Maryland CJC Crew Leader
Posted: April 06, 2021
Location: SCA is hiring for a total of 12 Crew Leader positions for this program, each leader will be based out of a specific Maryland State Park for the duration of the summer.
Time Commitment: June-August
As Crew Leader, you will be working to guide and inspire a team of three young adults from the state of Maryland. The crew will be working on projects such as invasive species removal, habitat restoration, and boardwalk and trail work in various state parks in Maryland. Project monitoring and data collection will also be required throughout the season. SCA is hiring for a total of 12 Crew Leader positions for this program, each leader will be based out of a specific State Park for the duration of the summer. State Parks for the 2021 field season will include:
- Assateague State Park (Berlin, MD)
- Patapsco Valley State Park (Catonsville, MD & Marriottsville, MD)
- Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary (Upper Marlboro, MD)
- Susquehanna State Park (Havre de Grace, MD)
- Gunpowder Falls State Park (Chase, MD)
- Seneca Creek State Park (Gaithersburg, MD)
- Act as a Crew Supervisor, by facilitating teamwork, managing field-based tasks, and guiding crew dynamics
- Serve as an Advisor, by training members in technical conservation work skills, mentoring personal and professional development, and teaching environmental stewardship
- Act as a Project Manager, by communicating with agency park partners, ensuring successful and timely completion of work projects, and upholding a positive representation of SCA
- Perform tasks as a Program Administrator, by organizing logistics, completing documentation, managing a budget, and communicating with SCA staff
- Experience working with youth or young adults [18-24], teaching or environmental education a plus
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills preferred – i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, habitat restoration, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Current First Aid and CPR certification required by the start of training
- Must be able to attend Crew Leader training: [6/7/21 – 6/18/21]
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Must have a valid driver’s license for 3+ years and MVR that meets SCA standards
- Must be able to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Must have personal housing arrangements new the State Park assigned to.
Salary and Benefits
$720/week total salary, paid training.
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile, complete the basic application and then select Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume, and two (2) references. Once your application is complete, you MUST email [email protected] with “Maryland CJC Crew Leader” listed in the subject line. Please also specify your preferred State Park Placement in the body of your email or subject line. This is the only way for us to know your application has been submitted.
More jobs with Student Conservation Association (SCA)