Your purchase includes a recording of the webinar, a pdf with clickable links to the resources slide shown during the Q&A portion of the live webinar, as well as the sponsor/presenter slide with links to their websites.
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
American Trails presents this Webinar to help trail planners address the challenges and complexities of building trails in difficult situations. The presenters will review alignment strategies, structural systems, and techniques for solving these problems and building quality trails.
The webinar “Building Urban Trails in Difficult Places” will discuss the needs that planners, designers, and advocates have in increasingly addressing more complex infrastructure challenges in order to find routes and passageways, fit into tight spots, and traverse barriers including roads, rivers and streams, restricted floodplains, railroad tracks, swales, and other impediments. In addition, tight budgets require innovative solutions.
This webinar will review alignment strategies, structural systems and techniques for solving these problems, and building quality trails case study examples ranging from pre-fabricated products to custom designs. The presentation will benefit all levels of expertise from novice to experts as well providing tools to lay trail advocates in making the case to build a project in their community.
- Understanding techniques and tools for getting a trail or greenway from here to there
- A knowledge base helpful in assessing the feasibility of trail alignment options
- Examples useful in working more effectively with engineers and other technical designers in solving trail alignment and structural problems
- Tools and examples for making the case for approval agencies such as floodplain administrators, traffic engineers, etc.
- Tools and examples for making the case to political decision makers that the project is feasible
- Successful solutions with visual examples and case studies can be enabling and stimulate other creative solutions
The webinar will be led by three seasoned greenway experts with a long history of successful urban trail building:
- Presenter— Chuck Flink, FASLA, Owner, Greenways Incorporated, Greenway planner/ designer/landscape architect/developer and urban trail specialist, Durham, NC.
- Presenter— Bill Neumann, ASLA, Vice President, DHM Design Corporation, Greenway planner/designer/landscape architect/developer and urban trail specialist, Denver, CO.
- Moderator and Presenter— Bob Searns, Owner, The Greenway Team and Chair Emeritus of American Trails Board, Greenway planner/designer/developer, Denver, CO.
See more of a description and the presenters’ bios HERE.
A special thanks to the sponsors of this webinar:
Payments accepted are credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), checks, and purchase orders. If paying via purchase order, please select “check” as your payment method in the online store and in the “notes” section write in your purchase order number. Once payment has processed, a confirmation page will include a link to download the webinar and save to your computer.
Contact the American Trails office at email@example.com or (530) 605-4395.
Thank you for your interest in this webinar! Feel free to forward the link through your networks to purchase this webinar!