TAKE ACTION TO SUPPORT TRAILS FUNDING
If they are important to you, please let Senator Boxer know today!
The U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works that Senator Boxer leads is deciding what goes into the transportation bill now! So we really need for her to know she has the backing of hundreds of organizations and thousands of constituents throughout California requesting she fight for trails and bicycling and walking programs.
These critical programs are at risk:
Here are several ways you can easily take action:
· Have your California organization/agency/business sign on to a letter in support of dedicated funding for the Recreational Trails, Transportation Enhancements, and Safe Routes to School programs. Click here to view the letter and sign on to it.
· Ask other organizations to sign on to the letter.
· Invite Senator Boxer to a trail ground-breaking, to a volunteer work day, or to a National Trails Day celebration. Tell the Senator about your success stories and about the myriad of people of all ages and abilities that love and use these trails! Tell the media about these events, too.
· Ask other friends of trails to contact the Senator.
· Please share this message through your social networks!
Learn more by visiting the American Trails “Supporting Trails” page.
Time is of the essence! The deadline for your California organization to sign on to the letter to Senator Boxer in support of dedicated funding for the Recreational Trails, Transportation Enhancements, and Safe Routes to School programs is Thursday, June 2, 2011.
Please pass this message on through your networks!
Thank you, in advance, for your support and swift action!
Pam Gluck, Executive Director
Click here to view the funding levels and modifications CRT is requesting be included in reauthorization. Please feel free to use it as you talk to your leaders.
You can stay up to date on all of these efforts, as well as news about trails and transportation funding by visiting the American Trails Supporting Trails page.